Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Adjö to the Swede

As of a couple of weeks ago it is the end of the 'Age of the Swede'. He'll be heading back to Sweden soon and it's the strangest break-up I've ever had. There were no angry words, no tears and no regrets. Last year was probably the most exciting and adventure-filled years of my life. I certainly don't deny that a lot of those times were because of him or his influence. This is just one of the great times at the wedding in the South of France: http://www.rockmywedding.co.uk/raspberry-beret/

It would be great if all breakups could be like that. But I am starting to wonder if I'm a bit of a commitment-phobic. I start to get uneasy when I have too many things happening at in my life at the same time, and I try to change the only thing I have a direct influence over. However, the fact of the matter is that the Swede did not make life easier when life got challenging. Surely you would expect that support from your standard 'partnership' to some degree?

I've read up on my Chinese Horoscope for this year. It says I should expect career prosperity and love for 2014. So I'm being made redundant and I've joined Tinder. I'm hope this prediction will turn into more of a self-fulfilling prophecy as I venture out on the next steps of my career to something better and start dating again. I've already been chatting to someone brainy, creative, tall and good looking who I shall hereby refer to as 'Peanut Butter Guy'.

With the promise of new horizons, I promise to blog more often. But for now, it's on with my Open University assignment which is due in on the 17th March, and the planning of my son's 4th birthday party on Sunday. I barely have time to think!

No comments:

Post a Comment