Monday, 7 May 2012

The Sweet Swede

OK, so I don't want to get over-excited quite yet but I really can't help it!

It's quite an incredible feeling when someone you think you might like thinks they might like you too. That's the feeling I got this morning when I logged onto my online dating account and found an email from a guy I've been talking to with his number and a request for me to call him.

So I've emailed him to say that I'll call him mid-afternoon. That time is quickly approaching and although we've been emailing essays to each other over the last couple of weeks this phone call could change the whole dynamics of the relationship we have. You build up preconceived ideas of looks, voice and mannerisms. I know that my ideas are probably completely wrong so I need to be prepared to have an open mind. However, we seem to have similar interests, ideas and values. I find him interesting and intellectually on my level which is a bonus. And, to top it off, he's fairly easy on the eye.

I am preparing some questions so there are no uncomfortable silences. I know that sounds a bit like an interview but, that's essentially what I'm doing, right?

The downside (or perhaps upside) is that he lives about an hour and a half's drive away. Anyway, I'm not looking for marriage immediately or anything heavy. Just someone to hang out with on my weekends off from parental responsibilities would be nice, so it could be ideal to get away to another part of the country.

I'm jumping ahead. Let's see what the telephone call brings this afternoon. Maybe he's my 'knight in shining armour'; maybe he's not.

http://lovelifeeverythin.blogspot.co.uk/
2011/07/he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not.html

No comments:

Post a Comment