Saturday, 21 April 2012

The run...

I'm told that exercise releases endorphins, gets the blood pumping and the heart working. People become addicted to fitness because of the way it makes them feel and it gears them up for the day.

I was very sporty at school and in my early twenties I played for a basketball team in the Wessex Ladies League. However, following the realisation that I just didn't have the stamina any more I quit, and I have not really done any regular exercise since.

I got up at 8.30am this morning (yes, that's a lie-in) and decided I would go for a run around a local lake and wildlife preservation area. My first dilemma was that I didn't really know what to wear.  Luckily, I have trainers which I've had for years but as I haven't worn them they are still in great condition. What to wear on the rest of my body? It seems that leggings are popular with runners but not really an attractive look for me with my thighs. I know I'm not going on a date but what if I bump into a hot guy also running and I can pretend we share an interest so that he'll fall in love with me?

Ok, so I am getting ahead of myself a bit. I must admit though, I did put on a bit of mascara and blush, just in case. I made sure I had my iPod, phone and a sporty-looking jacket with pockets. I also realised I would need water but they only receptacle I could find at home was my son's sports bottle with a cartoon car picture on it. So I filled it up and took it with me.

I'm really pleased with myself. The run was hard work and I had to dodge muddy puddles and geese but I ran continuously for 30 mins around a 3k stretch of the lake. The weather was beautiful and I felt really invigorated. There was also a hotty who passed me running in the opposite direction who smiled and said, "Morning".

Definitely a great start to the day and 7 points added to my Weight Watchers allowance!

They had the right idea.
http://bakingaddictgirl.tumblr.com/post/21380347991

No comments:

Post a Comment